Instructors using Blackboard, Moodle, & D2L can submit grade comments along with their student grades using the Harmonize Grades & Activity feature.
- Once students have participated in your discussion, click the "Grades & Activity" button in the top right of the Harmonize Discussion window.
- This will open the Harmonize Discussion Activity Report where the instructor can view the activity, content, and data for each individual student in that Harmonize Discussion.
Adding Instructor Comments
- Choose a student from the "Showing Activity for" drop down menu located near the top left of the Grades & Activity window.
- Enter the student's grade in the Grade field.
(Note: the option to submit a grade comment without also submitting a grade is available to Moodle users only.)
- Click the "+Add instructor comment" link located to the right of the Grade field. This will open the Add/Edit Instructor Comment window.
- Enter instructor comments. When you are finished, click Update Comment.
- If needed, you may edit your comments by clicking "View/edit instructor comment" located to the right of the Grade field. When you are finished, click Submit & Next.
- The grade and comments you enter will automatically populate in the corresponding assignment column of your LMS Gradebook.
A Quick Note for Canvas Users
The ability to leave Assignment Comments is built into SpeedGrader! Please see "How do I leave feedback comments for student submissions in SpeedGrader?" on Instructure Community.