- Instructors can now see the published version history of each student's posts
Enhance Your Profile
- Enhanced profile picture to use as your avatar
- Email & location
- Social media links
- Biography & interests
- Office Hours (for instructors only)
- NOTE: All profile information is optional
- Install Turnitin keys at the account or course level so students can submit assignments or discussion posts
- Teachers will also be able to see student's scores when grading
- Install Caliper keys at the account or course level to pull Harmonize data into Caliper
Annotation Tool Changes
- You can now view and image or audio in a larger view without first opening the Annotation tool.
- Click Annotate to begin Annotating
Image and Video Annotations In Draft Mode
Uploaded images and videos can be annotated before a student published their work. After the media is uploaded click on the annotation icon to annotate.
- Students can now see the word count when creating a post and teachers can view the word count on assignment submissions when grading.
Notification Bell Activity
- Notifications received are now consolidated under a new Bell Icon to allow students and teachers to keep up to date on activity on their post & comments.
Activity Reporting Across Course
- Teachers can now view activity for students across the course in a dashboard view. See all activity across posts & comments, who has not posted in the last 7 days, who has not posted at all and view the most active topic or assignment.
- Teachers and students can upload an .srt file and select a language when adding a video. When playing the video the translated text will display at the bottom of the video.
Changes to Date & Time Display on Posts & Comments
- Date & time displays have been update to condense the view of the date. Hovering over the date will display the actual date & time of the post or comment
Visibility of Posts
- Posts can be set to be the following:
- Visible to all participants
- Visible to participants in their assigned section
- Visible to participants in their assigned groups
- Visible only between the Instructor and Student
Option to Require Students to Post First Before Viewing Others
- Students will need to create and publish a post before seeing any other student posts or comments within that topic.
- There are three options for configuring how a user’s identity is displayed within a topic:
- Posts and comments always show user’s identity – This is the default setting. It requires all users to post as themselves.
- Allow anonymous posts and comments – This setting allows users to choose if they want to post or comment anonymously or not.
- All student posts and comments are anonymous – This setting requires all students to post anonymously. Instructors may choose to post anonymously or not.
Meeting Scheduler Updates
- If a meeting has been scheduled, a calendar icon will be displayed at the top of the topic to show upcoming and past meetings.
@Mentions in Text Area
- Students and Teachers can @mention a student inline when adding content to a post or comment.
- The @mentioned user will be tagged and receive an email notification.
- Harmonize notification settings can now be accessed under your user profile at the top of the Topic.
Student Self Annotation
- After uploading an image or video and publishing their post, students can now self annotate their own files using the annotation tools. Instructors and Students can both annotate the same file and have visibility access to see each others Annotations.
- A new meeting block can be added by selecting, Schedule Meeting.
- Meetings can be added as the following:
- No Remote Location: Add a physical location for your meeting without a remote meeting
- Add Meeting URL: Add a meeting URL for any type of online meeting room
- Zoom Meeting: Link to your Pro Account and automatically add a Zoom Meeting
- 10 minutes prior to the meeting, the host can Start the Meeting and users can join.