Harmonize keeps track of all your discussion-related due dates across all of your courses using Harmonize with the To Do drawer, available in the top menu of most Harmonize pages. These events can also be synced to the Canvas Course Calendar and your Canvas To Do list. This helps by providing additional reminders of upcoming due dates such as discussion milestones due ahead of the actual assignment due date.
A FEW IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- To Dos and Calendar Events are created and synced automatically according to the Harmonize discussions created by instructors. No additional action is required on your part.
Your Harmonize To Do List
All of your Harmonize To Dos will appear in the Harmonize To Dos drawer. To access this drawer, click the Calendar icon in the Harmonize navigation menu. Clicking any To Do will open the corresponding Harmonize Discussion. To Dos are displayed in ascending order by due date. Any To Dos that are late or past due are displayed in red.
Your Canvas To Do List
To Do events such as Milestone due dates and assignment due dates will appear in your Canvas To Do List. Click an event listed in your Canvas To Do List to open an expanded view of the event in your Canvas course calendar.
- Note: While completed assignments will be automatically removed from the To Do list, Milestone entries will need to be manually removed by clicking the X button next to the entry.
Canvas Course Calendar Events
In addition to your Canvas To Do list, you can also view upcoming Milestones by clicking the View Course Calendar button or clicking the Canvas Calendar icon.
Your Canvas Course Calendar should already be enabled. If not, click the checkbox to the left of the course title in the Canvas Calendar List.
With the course calendar visible, click any calendar event to view the event details. For Milestone due date events, click the provided resource link to open the corresponding Harmonize discussion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why are no events showing in my Harmonize To Do drawer?
- Events are removed from your Harmonize To Do drawer as they are completed. It is possible you have already completed all the requirements for the event in question.
- Instructors, please note that the syncing of To Dos in the Harmonize To Dos drawer is a student facing feature. No To Do events will show for instructors.
Q. I am not seeing any events in my Canvas calendar. Am I doing something wrong?
- Ensure that the Canvas Course Calendar is active to view all available To Do events.
- When your instructor creates new content, it takes a few minutes for the associated To Dos to sync to your calendar. Check your calendars again in 10 - 15 minutes.
- Events are removed from your calendar as they are completed. It is possible you have already completed all the requirements for the event in question.
Q. I am an instructor. What does this feature look like for me?
- In order to enable this feature your institution must first configure the Canvas API integration in Harmonize. Please contact Harmonize Support if you have any questions.
- Ensure you have Authorized Canvas Extensions in your course.
- To Dos and Calendar Events are created automatically according to the Harmonize discussions created by instructors. No additional instructor action is required.
- Please note that the syncing of To Dos in the Harmonize To Dos drawer is a student facing feature. No To Do events will show for instructors.
- Milestone Due Date events will appear in the Course Calendar for both students and instructors.